What is Black Friday…well to me it is the American version of Canada’s busiest shopping day, boxing day… but on steroids or crack. Yeah, boxing day on crack is an adequate description. I have subjected myself to the craziness that is black Friday for the past 3 years, tonight will make number 4… why you ask? Well, I just can’t pass up a deal, seriously I live for this stuff…crazy I know. I am definitely certifiable at this point but when I see signs that say 80% percent off, it really gets my blood pumping, it’s a strange addiction but I embrace it!
I will be leaving in a couple of hours to cross the border and head to our first stop, Target of course! They have a couple of door crashers, I really want. I would tell you what they are but then I would ruin a couple of Christmas presents, so tough luck. With that being said Target opens at midnight, which means we need to be in line by 10PM. That sad part, this doesn’t even guarantee we will get the items we want. Once the clock strikes midnight, the doors or Target will open and so begins the free for all. Imagine wives throwing toaster ovens at their husbands, people sprinting with their buggies and throwing things in while still in motion, and people fighting over video games…this is real life people.
Photo Credit – Totallycoolpix.com
If you are going for the first time, be prepared, in the end it is totally worth the sleepless night and crazy people…but I guess that is all a matter of opinion.
5 things to remember when attempting to shop on Black Friday:
1. Wear an over the shoulder purse, you need your hands free at all times.
2. Don’t go alone, you need to tag team the department stores. 1 person in line, 1 person shopping and then do the ol’ switcheroo.
3. Bring cash, sometime the credit card systems get overloaded and shut down. Cash is your friend, trust me.
4. Wear deodorant! Seriously, you will be bundled up from standing outside and then once you get inside the sweating takes over…it’s not pretty
5. No coffee, as much as you want a hot caffeinated beverage, don’t do it! Why? Because eventually that coffee is going through you and there is no time for bathroom breaks!
May the force be with you!